The Connecticut Community for Addiction Recovery (CCAR) is looking for a Young Adult and Family Services Manager to coordinate and manage Young Adult (YA) and family supports in all CCAR Recovery Community Centers across the state of Connecticut. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and passionate about working closely with young people in recovery from alcohol and other addictions, family members, friends and allies. CCAR offers a highly attractive compensation package that includes competitive wages, benefits, paid holidays and vacation time. A valid driver’s license, insurance and reliable vehicle required.
• Minimum of three years in a supervisory/ management capacity.
• Experience in outreach, networking, and promotion.
• Ability to collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders
• Experience in working with young people and/or families preferred.
• Knowledge about addiction recovery process and advocacy.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Understanding of and ability to maintain appropriate boundaries.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative with varied and demanding tasks.
• Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication skills.
• Exceptional computer skills including database management, Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
• Cross-cultural skills and experience with culturally diverse populations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for coordinating and managing YA and Family services in all CCAR Recovery
Community Centers (5).
• Facilitate peer recovery support meetings for young adults and family members.
• Develop support networks within the established RCC’s for young adults and family member
through personal meetings, presentations, and other promotional/networking activities.
• Work with RCC staff to identify YA and/or Family champions
• Recruit, engage, retain YA and/or Family members that have an interest in building a local support
• Engage in advocacy efforts in local and statewide initiatives where the voice of YA and/or Family
members is needed.
• Maintain pertinent and accurate data and timely report submissions.
• Other duties as required
The Young Adult and Family Services Manager position is a full time (35 hour/week) position however applicant must have the ability to work a flexible schedule. A cover letter highlighting your interest and experience is required. Submit cover letter and resume by clicking “Apply for this job" button below, by fax 860-244-2228 or mail to CCAR, Attn: Human Resources, 75 Charter Oak Avenue, Building 1, Suite 305, Hartford, CT 06106 by Friday July 17, 2020. EOE. No phone calls please. Note: A cover letter is required. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Your application was submitted successfully.