Employment Opportunity with the Connecticut Community for Addiction Recovery (CCAR)
CCAR is looking for a full-time Recovery Community Educator to provide system and community navigation, facilitate Recovery Support services and deliver informational community training's in the city of New Haven, CT. The ideal person will be enthusiastic and passionate about working closely with people in recovery from alcohol and other addiction, family members, friends, and allies. CCAR offers a highly attractive compensation package that includes competitive wages, benefits, paid holidays and vacation time. A valid driver’s license, insurance, and reliable vehicle required.
- Minimum of four years of work experience.
- Experience in outreach, networking, promotion, and training.
- Experience with the addiction recovery process.
- Familiarity with local support services, resources and recovery community.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills.
- Skilled presenter.
- Cross-cultural skills, and experience with culturally diverse populations.
- Understanding of and ability to maintain appropriate boundaries.
- Exceptional computer skills including data entry and tracking.
- Bilingual abilities are a plus.
- A valid driver’s license, insurance, and reliable vehicle required.
- Strong customer service ethic essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist individuals and/or family members to find a local treatment or community recovery resources.
- Provide informational presentations on recovery, recovery pathways and recovery values and concepts to New Haven Community.
- Support and assist family members as requested.
- Facilitate All-Recovery Meetings or other identified recovery support services.
- Conduct educational sessions about recovery issues and advocacy strategies for individuals in recovery, family members, friends and allies
- Serve as a recovery ambassador.
- Promote the message and services of CCAR.
- Report writing, record keeping as required.
- Some travel may be required.
- Other duties as required.
The Recovery Community Educator position is a full time (35 hour/week) position however applicant must have the ability to work a flexible schedule. A cover letter highlighting your interest and experience is required. Submit cover letter and resume below, by fax 860-244-2228 or mail to CCAR, Attn: Human Resources, 75 Charter Oak Avenue, Building 1, Suite 305, Hartford, CT 06106 by Friday, March 1, 2019. EOE.